|GET IN TOUCH MASSAGE|
is a brief, stress-reducing massage given to an employee seated in a comfortable, supportive and portable chair. The massage chair is supplied by the practitioner and can be set up quickly in almost any location.
* Lasts from 5 to 30 minutes.
* Uses no oil and is applied directly through clothing.
* Is given by a massage practitioner professionally trained in effective, safe, seated massage techniques.
* Addresses tension primarily in the upper body (back, neck, shoulders, scalp, arms, and hands), but creates an overall sense of well-being.
* Leaves employees feeling relaxed, refreshed and ready to return to work.
|How employees will benefit
Chair massage in the workplace offers many advantages to the employee:
* Reduces muscle tension, a major contributor to chronic pain, repetitive strain injuries and low-back pain.
* Boosts alertness.
* Reduces stress.
* Increases circulation.
* Calms the nervous system.
* Provides a complete change of pace so the body and mind can relax and rejuvenate.
|It's easy to set up and run
* Designate a coordinator. He or she will help with logistics, announcemnets and scheduling.
* Identify a location. A suitable space can be a conference room, break room or deskside.
* Give it a try! Set up a one-time trial event such as a wellness program kick-off, health fair or employee appreciation day.
* Encourage employees to use it. Make sure they know you support the program. Use it yourself and encourage your managers to do the same.
* There is no up-front investment in equipment or facilities.
* Chair massage is flexible enough to schedule into the workday without interrupting work flow.
* Chair massage is one of the most affordable wellness programs available.
* Chair massage lowers health care costs. Experts say up to half of al illnesses are induced by stress.
|How to find out more
Your massage practitioner can meet with you to discuss implementing a program that fits your organization's needs. At that time, she or he will be happy to answer your questions about practitioner qualifications. If you still have questions, ask about arranging a demonstration. Experience first-hand the many benefits of chair massage.
|Back to the